about Gerri Raffertysend an email
Gerri Rafferty is an international jewelry designer based in New York City. This website is a showpiece of items from her various collections.
All pieces are handmade from semiprecious stones and freshwater pearls. She is particularly attracted to coral, volcanic ash and other natural materials. Freshwater pearls of unique shapes are a vital part of her collection. She also works with hand-hammered beads from the Golden Triangle in Asia, and the middle east.
Gerri grew up in Ireland in an artistic family. Her free-spirited approach to life has led her to almost every country in the world. She traveled aimlessly for thirty six years and spent years living in both Japan and the Republic of China and travelling constantly to India. All of this travel led to an interest in the combinations of color. Her valuable experience gained in the study of flower arranging and Silk weaving in Japan has proven to be an asset in creating pieces of unique jewelry. She feels her lifetime study of Philosophy has helped imbue her work with a fine attention to detail.
Gerri's first exhibition was at the Vignoli Art Gallery in the Hamptons, New York and was follwed by exhibiions at the Parrish Art Museum in Southhampton, New York, the Design Centre in the Powerscourt Centre, Dublin and Le Cherche Midi.
Items from the collections are currently on display in New York at:
In Dublin Gerri's work is exhibited at:
- Aria Boutique in Naas.
- Rouge (previously Ave Maria) on Clarendon St.
- Audrey Taylor in Sandycove.
- Gollum's Precious in the Powerscourt Centre
Gerri is a patron of the arts herself and has donated jewelry to be auctioned at many events including those organised by the Isadora Duncan International Institute.
Gerri's work and exhibitions have been profiled in a number of magazines and newspapers. Click on the items below to see samples of press coverage and publicity.
- Northern Ireland's Wedding Journal, Spring 2006  
- Confetti Magazine, Winter 2005
- Social & Personal Magazine   
- Ave Maria Boutique, 38 Clarendon St, Dublin 2
- Pieces exhibited by Virtue at Design Centre, Dublin
- A Real Jewel, Sunday Independent, December 3, 2006
- Irish Independent  
- VIP Style, January 2007
- Irish Mail on Sunday, December 2006
- Cindy Crawford wearing one of Gerri's Lariats